During this 8 hour interactive training, adults in the community who interact with adolescents and teens learn:
- The prevalence of mental health disorders impacting youth.
- The potential warning signs of the most common mental health disorders.
- A 5-step action plan to assist youth in crisis.
- Resources available to help someone with a mental health problem.
- Risk and protective factors that can impact a youth's mental health and resiliency.
Dates: April 29, 2016 from 5:30- 8:30 p.m. and April 30, 2016 from 8:30 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
Location: Birdseye Municipal Complex Room 110, 468 Birdseye Street, Stratford, CT 06615
Training includes a 3 year YMHFA certificatio n (must attend entire 8 hours), YMHFA manual, handouts meals and refreshments. Training is free of charge for Town of Stratford and Startford Board of Education employees. Fee for Stratford residents: $10.00; non-residents: $35.00. Checks are made payable to Stratford Community Services, 468 Birdseye Street, Stratford, CT 06615 and must be received by April 22, 2016.
To register: call Community Services at 203-385-4095 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org